domingo, 26 de marzo de 2017

An inside insight

     What's on the inside? I've been asking myself the same question... Somehow I have spent a lot of time talking about the cover, and too little planning the inside table of contents and two-page spread.
   
     Honesty, I envision for the table of contents to incorporate images and text. I don't want the page to be completely digital or computer-made, but more appealing and relevant with my genre. In my mind I have this image of a wooden board, going across two pages. Also, placing in the board items like flowers, vegetable leafs, ingredients and cooking utensils; my idea is to provide a kitchen vibe in the table of contents, as if the text was supposed to be part of the recipe. The board must be wooden so it encompasses the earthy and organic vibe I'm trying to provide my readers with, the vegetables must be bright colored for them to pop out and let the audience know that vegetables and fruits are an amazing, and not at all boring, source of food. Text font? That's something I'll need to choose in a near future...

     Now, for the two page spread I want the story to be related with the cover image, so my main story will be in bold and bright colors in the cover, letting the readers know that it will be the most interesting story in the issue. It's going to be an interview on an Instagram chef, you must already know the main subject of that interview, of course it's my mom. So, the front cover is going to incorporate my mom's food and then the name of the story (TBA) will be bolded so the readers are directed to that section of the magazine. Thankfully I know how to write an article because I belong to the school's newspaper The Circuit, where I've written many stories and have interviewed a lot of people. However this article may help me get my writing to the next level, especially since it includes an example for an interview and explains the best way to ask questions. The most interesting part for me was when the author, Guillermo Rubio, said that the best way to avoid boring answers from the interviewee is to ask open-ended and broad questions. I'll take that into account.


-SP










Citations: 
Rubio, Guillermo. "“So, Do You Always Wear White Underwear?” – How to Write an Exciting InterviewBy Guillermo Rubio." American Writers & Artists Inc. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario