martes, 28 de marzo de 2017

Do you like it?

     So, this week I've made a little bit more progress on the actual magazine pages. Yesterday I felt amazingly attached to Joomag.com and this is what I have managed to create.

    The cover has not a lot of progress because I haven't taken the pictures yet, but the masthead and the border lines are going to be present surely. What I like about the lines is that they enclose the picture better and focus the reader's eyes into the center of the page. Now, consequently I will need to focus the food towards the center of the frame when I take the pictures. The lines are not sharp, which again goes with the theme of the magazine. For the color of the masthead, it's still undefined. Also, I need to figure out if I want to do cover lines, and if I do, what font to use. At the end, this page is EXTREMELY a rough draft... I just posted it to show you what I have been envisioning.


     Remember that 4-page interview I mentioned in my previous post? This is somewhat how I want the first two pages to look.



     As you can see, the doodled lines and unsharp font is a recurring theme throughout the magazine, since it goes with the RAW masthead and genre. I took the background picture yesterday in my backyard, but I don't know yet if I want it to be an actual plant or vegetable leaves like lettuce, arugula, basil, mint, etc. I thought of the plants because the other page is going to be completely covered by a picture of my mom in the kitchen, so the kitchen and the plant background would give a feeling of a home environment to the following interview. Since the subject of the interview is not a professional chef but more like a suburban mother/cook, I want the audience to feel the connection to home and as if they were reading an interview from their next-door neighbor.

     These are some of the pictures that I took and edited in my iPhone:

   

    This process is extremely difficult because, even though I know it looks good, I always feel that I need outside opinions. Until now I've asked around 12 different persons but I need a critical eye to evaluate my pages. I need someone that will tell me move this, take out that, change this... But obviously I don't have any magazine expert friends, it's all on me and my non-expert and barely critical friends. I trust myself but at the end of the day, I'm not the only reader that will obtain the magazine... I NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!

    See you soon!

-SP

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario