sábado, 25 de marzo de 2017

Yes? No? Maybe? So?

     During the week, we had an interesting activity in class, where we discussed each other's projects to get different opinions. It became really helpful since I got to understand not only my view but also my classmates' thoughts on RAW.

     This is what I gathered:
1) First we discussed the masthead and the title. This was my, and their, first choice.

 RAW
     We discussed how this masthead goes with the genre and concept of the magazine since it encompasses the whole idea of organic. They believed it was perfect since the rusty and unfinished lines give the illusion of an earthy vibe in the cover. As for the color, we agreed that depending on the background color it should be popping out but not in an extremely bright color, maybe something neutral and natural.

2) For the genre, my classmates mentioned how maybe it would be better to change a little bit the concept of the magazine from organic gourmet food, to easy to make organic/ healthy recipes. However, I don't intend on following their advice. Why? Because RAW is not supposed to be only based on healthy and organic foods, but it is targeted to that audience that wants to eat healthy food the same way they would feel like when eating in a 3-star Michelin restaurant anywhere in the world. There is a mistaken concept that when trying to eat healthy, the recipes should always be basic or easy to make, and I don't think anyone should eat something basic. I want my readers to embrace delicious eating while at the same time cooking with the best and healthiest ingredients in the market. So, sorry 8th period friends, I won't be following your advice this time...

3) Inside pictures... This one person brought up an interesting and brilliant idea that I am planning on using (thanks Alex!). He mentioned how in the inside, maybe in the table of contents, I could use a wooden board as the background and play with images and texts on top of that board to add depth and that kitchen vibe to the magazine.


     Something like that, but with the text and vegetables on top, incorporating the content along with the props. I think it would look very good. 

4) The last topic discussed was the location of the masthead in the cover. 

                               
                             CENTER                              VS.                                    LEFT

     My friends have all agreed for the masthead to be in the center, however, something tells me that the right place is in the left corner. Anyways, I cannot make a decision until I take the pictures and figure out where it looks better. For me, it looks more appealing on the left because it's not covering any important part in the frame where the food is going to be located eventually. Oh by the way, see the orange color? I was playing around with Joomag and, with that background (I have not chosen an official background), the color orange looks amazing because it contrasts with the green and brown from the table.

     Bye readers!


-SP

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario