martes, 7 de marzo de 2017

Roses are red, violets are blue, so many genres, how do I choose?

Hey there! First of all, my name is Sofia Plaz and I can't wait to see how this whole experience turns out to be...
Throughout weeks I've seen how we get closer and closer to the day that we are starting to work on this project, and ever since, my head hasn't stopped spinning around what genre should I pick.
Let's review which are my options:
          vs                 

FASHION

  • My ultimate passion.
  • I love fashion magazines like Vogue, Marie ClaireHarper's Bazaar, Glamour, and the list goes on...
  • Infinite ways of expressing myself through pictures and content by taking a stand in certain topics; like Vanity Fair did with their controversial cover on Caitlyn Jenner. 
  • I can look into the latest trends of the season and give it a different perspective throughout the images. Maybe prove the different ways these trends can be worn. 
  • It is very open and I could arrange the cover in so many ways. 
  • However, I would have to decide whether I would go towards the commercial fashion or more avant-garde
COOKING:
  • There's no other way to say that I ADORE FOOD. Eating good and amazing food is one of the best feelings in the entire world. 
  • My mom cooks extravagant and delicious plates that she could teach me to make so I can use them for my pictures. (follow her on Instagram @kalamartinez)
Red ❤️ Drops Tuna Tartare ,,, my Favorite!!!! #kalaskitchen #tunatartare #raw#fresfish#healthyfood #healthyideas #healthylunch #healthyeating #healthychoices #eathealthy #eatclean #eatright #eatinggood #rawfish #reddrops #dinner#kalaskitchenLove Breakfast ❤️!!! #kalaskitchen #lovebreakfast #loveweek #healthyfood #healthyideas #healthybreakfast #healthyeating #heirlooms #eatright #eatclean #eatinggood #eathealthy #grateful #saturdaymorning #forme#frommeforme #kalaskitchen
 
   
SALAD !!!! Burrata, basil, arugula, green leaves 🍃, avocado , cherry tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic glaze!!! #kalaskitchen #eatright #eathealthy #eatclean #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthychoices #salad #delicious #grateful #greeneating #burrata#kalaskitchen
Smoked Salmon Salad with Rosemary Bites and Honey Dijon Mustard ..Greek Yogurt  dressing #kalaskitchen #salad#salmonsalad #healthyfood#healthyideas #healthylunch #eatclean#eatright #eathealthy #healthychoices#eatinggood #grateful #healthylunch #lunch#almuerzo#kalaskitchen 

  • The colors tend to be more vibrant and I could play with the fonts around the cover, making the overall look seem more dynamic. For example, Lucky Peach Magazine, usually makes use of their striking masthead and pictures with bright colors and attractive fonts. 
  • Here are some more tips to help myself build a great food/cooking magazine.
Well, that was a healthy debate... I'll keep you posted on my decision, I know whichever I choose it will be the right one.

Bye!

Bibliography
  • "Fashion, Beauty, Celebrity, Fashion Shows." Vogue. N.p., 31 Dec. 1969. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Valenti, Lauren, Kayleigh Roberts, Laura Beck, The Editors, Associated Press, Alyssa Bailey, and Diana Bruk. "Lauren Valenti." Marie Claire. N.p., 05 Mar. 2017. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Duncan, Fiona, Nandini D'Souza Wolfe, Lauren Alexis Fisher, Harper's Bazaar Staff, Erica Gonzales, Megan Friedman, Jenna Rosenstein, Kate Storey, Chrissy Rutherford, and Diego Zuko. "Fiona Duncan." Harper's BAZAAR. N.p., 07 Mar. 2017. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Rosa, Christopher, Katheryn Erickson, Suzannah Weiss, Sophie Hirsh, Shay Maunz, Maggie Mallon, Karen Brill, Elizabeth Logan, Lynsey Eidell, Jillian Kramer, Jessica Radloff, Marissa G. Muller, Rachel Jacoby Zoldan, Zoe Weiner, and Deanna Pai. "Fashion Trends, Beauty & Entertainment News." Glamour. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Bissinger, Buzz, Annie Leibovitz, Jessica Diehl, and Jeremy Elkin. "Caitlyn Jenner: The Full Story." HWD. Vanity Fair, 09 Aug. 2016. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Carreon, Nikki OgunnaikeandJustine, Justine Carreon, and Justine Carreon. "The Top Trends From Spring 2017 New York Fashion Week." ELLE. N.p., 13 Feb. 2017. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Fisher, Lauren, Victoria Kingdon, Laura Beck, Peter Wade, Zara Kenyon, Temi Adebowale, Jay Bennett, Anna Lewis, Rebecca Nelson, Lindsey Ramsey, Mehera Bonner, Associated Press, Laurise McMillian, Erica Gonzales, Matt Miller, and Joe Anderton. "Lauren Fisher." Cosmopolitan. Cosmopolitan, n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Indie, Coco. "Editorials." Coco Indie. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • "Kala'skitchen (@kalamartinez) • Instagram photos and videos." Instagram. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • "Home." Lucky Peach. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.
  • Kramer, Julia. "How to Build the World's Biggest Food Magazine." Bon Appetit. Bon Appétit, 14 Oct. 2013. Web. 07 Mar. 2017.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario